Certificate Program for Leadership in Lifelong Christian Formation
The Certificate in Leadership in Lifelong Christian Formation (CLLCF) is designed for you if you have on-the-ground Christian Formation experience in a congregation (or other context) and an idea that you would like to explore more deeply. Cohort-based, the certificate builds and sustains a community of learning that:
- catalyzes discovery and appreciation of your own particular skills and strengths,
- deepens confidence and strengthens resolve to nurture Christian formation for individuals and communities,
- enhances personally identified areas of spiritual, theological, and vocational growth,
- demonstrates learning via a Capstone Project – a practical and creative practice in real-time formation in and for your own setting, and
- produces courageous leaders for ministry in the 21st century.
The one-year program includes two-residencies (one at the beginning and at the end), monthly video conversations, individual discussions with faculty and cohort members, planned reading and research, and insights gained by sharing experiences from your context. Certificates are awarded by Forma in partnership with Virginia Theological Seminary.
Requirements for Admission to the Program
• The completed online application with your $50 application fee. (Once accepted the $50 fee will be applied to your total cost of $1750.)
• Three letters of reference from a Christian Formation colleague, supervisor in ministry setting, teacher or mentor.
• Personal statement describing learning goals as well as the reasons such a program would benefit you and the church.
• Final Deadline is July 1st for applications. Acceptance notification sent by July 15.